Re: Adding FIDs in UXNMR

wem@bruker.de
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 08:19:06 +0000

Deane D McIntyre wrote:

> In our spin echo fifference experiments of metabolites partly
> enriched in 13C, we generate two fids. By adding (DC=1) and
> subtracting these (DC=-1) using the "add" command of UXNMR
> (X-32, CPU/3) we generate two fids (DATMOD=raw) which give, after FT,
> spectra showing only protons attached to C-12 in one case and
> only protons attached to C-13 in the other.
>
> We want to transfer these added FID's for processing using
> third party software packages (nmrPipe and SwaN-MR).
> However, the FID from a add operation is not stored
> in the usual way (as filename/x/fid) but rather as if it
> was processed data (as filename/x/pdata/y/1i and filename/x/pdata/y/1r),
> where x=EXPNO and y=PROCNO!
>
> Is there any way on the X-32 to reunite these two files in the
> usual UXNMR qseq FID format, or to avoid the problem in the first
> place when adding FID's?

XWIN-NMR offers the command addfid (with the same syntax as add) to
add and subtract raw data with the result stored in a fid.
In older versions the result of the add command, which is stored as
processed data 1r and 1i, can be converted to an fid with the genfid
command. The 2 dimensional analogon of genfid is the genser command.

--
Werner Mausshardt			E-mail: wem@bruker.de
Software Department			Tel: +49 7243 504 448