Re: Spectra files for Powerpoint

Joel Mackay (j.mackay@biochem.usyd.edu.au)
Thu, 05 Aug 1999 08:45:22 +1000

Dear Charles,
The best way i have found is to export the file from XWIN using the ps_A4
format, then reading the file into Adobe Illustrator. It can then be
resized annotated etc, and exported from there as a tif file which retains
nice definition when i put it into Word - i imagine Powerpoint should (?)
be similar, if Microsoft are even remotely consistent...
cheers and good luck,
Joel Mackay
PS if you find a better way, would be interested to hear.

At 10:02 AM 04-08-99 -0400, Charles E. Cottrell wrote:
>Hello
>Do any of you have any suggestions for incorporating files either from
>XWINPLOT or from XWINNMR into Powerpoint presentations? I tried the TIF
>format from XWINPLOT, but I seemed to have lost a lot of resolution when it
>was brought into powerpoint. I didn't have any luck with encapsulated
>postscript or a pcx format either. Again any suggestions will be greatly
>appreciated.
>Chuck
>--
>Charles E. Cottrell, Ph.D. NMR Facility Manager
>Campus Chemical Instrument Center High-Field NMR Laboratory
>The Ohio State University Phone 614/292-0489
>Riffe Building Fax 614/292-8282
>496 W. 12th Avenue
>Columbus, OH 43210 cottrell.2@osu.edu

Dr Joel Mackay ph +61-2-9351-3906