Re: FW: Narrow-bore Solids

From: Tatyana Polenova (tpolenov@shiva.hunter.cuny.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2001 - 04:34:38 PST

Dear Alexej,
I was also inquiring about the possibilities of using NB systems for solids
experiments. Probes are indeed the biggest problem: power handling is poor,
and the sample volume is limited. I haven't heard any positive comments
about Bruker probes for narrow bore systems so far. I have been told that
Varian probes are slightly better, but they don't build 3-resonance probes
for narrow bore systems.

I would suggest contacting Doty for this matter: from what they told me
and from what I heard from other people their probes have much better power
handling than Bruker probes. Doty I believe is the only vendor who makes
3-resonance probes for narrow bore systems at the moment, and the power
specs are very decent.
It may also be a good idea to contact Chemagnetics (now Varian): they may
have some new developments for narrow bore instruments.

with best regards
Tatyana