Re: SAMBA and Windows 2000

From: Dan Spence (spence@ee.tamu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 07:04:00 PST

Windows 98 or later uses encrypted passwords by default. This needs to be
changed in the windows registry, or you can tell newer versions of SAMBA to
use ecrypted passwords. Information on how to do this can be found at
http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/samba.html .

Dan Spence
Texas A&M University
Magnetic Resonance Systems Lab