Larry Sims

From: shiulong@bayou.uh.edu
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 11:10:14 PDT

I would like to inform the NMR community that Larry Sims has retired from
the University of Houston. His retirement brings to an end many years of
service to this University and the NMR community as a whole. We will miss
him here and will not be able to fill his shoes for some time. I
understand that he will be traveling around in his RV for a while so don't
be suprised if he knocks on your door.

The five years that I have worked with him have been an education and a
very positive experience that I am sorry to see end. However, I do know
his home phone number so he will not be rid of me so easy. I believe that
he will also be working some job with his long time friend Ben Hamilton, so
he is not really retired from NMR yet. Which is no suprise to those who
know Larry.

Best Wishes and good luck Larry.

Chuck

PS Anyone wanting to contact Larry can reach him at his wife e-mail
address: klsims@msn.com

Charles L. Anderson, Ph.D.
Manager NMR Facilities
Department of Chemistry