still chasing a phantom / aspect boards to borrow?

From: russell mehlenbacher (russmehl2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 18:53:33 PDT

Greetings!
I have been chasing a phantom problem in our AC250
for more than a month...
Thanks to all who replied to my Aug. 4 posting.
Two questions:
1. Is there someone with Aspect boards we could borrow
for testing purposes. (we are in Michigan, USA}
2. Spectra suddenly has lots more noise - is there
some foolish thing I over looked when I powered down
for cleaning.

Our primary problem, the Aspect 3000 locks up, has not
gone away despite all the cleaning, board removal,
chip seating, fan checking, doors off, computer out -
cover off, etc.
The computer will stop on a random basis. It has
stopped in use, or just sitting there. About the only
time it hasn't stopped is during a test. Interrupt
lights glaring red. Usually nos. 4 and 4 pending.
Sometimes zero pending. On a good day, you can reboot
and start over. On a bad day, shutting the Aspect off
for a time is required.
I suspect that something has a heat problem, but I'm
having trouble isolating it. I have trouble thinking
that it might be software related because of the
random ness of the problem.
We were having definite power problems, (low
voltage)and have finally gotten a power conditioner
installed. When we started having problems, I found
one bad sector on the hard drive & marked it. Two
weeks ago I detected more and wrote them into the
error map.
I have moved and re-seated almost all the cables, with
out any change.
Many thanks for any help...

=====
Russell Mehlenbacher