NMR line fitting programs

From: Blackwell, Crist Scott (csblackw@uop.com)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 07:56:56 PST

To all,

We are looking for a line fitting program to apply to NMR spectra. We need
something that will allow us to use Lorentzian, Gaussian and mixed
Lorentz/Gauss shapes (at a minimum) and support constraints on the fit
parameters for each peak. What I mean is setting a high and low limit for
each of the parameters: width, position, and intensity. The program must be
able to read some kind of file produced by Bruker NMR's obviously, and
retain the calibration and units properly. We'd like to have a
variance/covariance matrix of the final fit too.

We currently use Winfit or Dmfit, but as far as I know, these don't have the
constraints capability except as the ability to lock the parameters at a
specific value or allow free variation.

Does anyone have experience or suggestions they can share?

Thanks in advance.

Scott

C. Scott Blackwell, R& D Fellow voice:847-391-3905
UOP R&D fax: 847-391-3719
50 E. Algonquin Road email: csblackw@uop.com
<mailto:csblackw@uop.com>
Des Plaines, IL 60017