Sweep off in ICON-NMR

From: Vernon M Russell (vrussell@wlgore.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 12:17:44 PST

When running a sample in a non-deuterated solvent (and hence not locking
the sample) it is necessary to turn off lock/sweep/amplitude/rate.
However when I use ICON-NMR and choose the "LOCK-OFF #Switch sweep and
lock off" option it doesn't really turn the sweep off. This results in a
spectrum where the peaks vary with the sweep rate. After a couple of scans
the spectrum is a jumble. If I manual set sweep amplitude and sweep rate
to 0 before ICON-NMR starts acquiring I can eliminate this problem.
However the point to automated operation is to remove the need to sit at
the console and modify things in real time! Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks,
Vernon Russell