HOESY modifications

From: Joseph Dumais (jdumais2@unlnotes.unl.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 11 2007 - 12:43:36 PDT

Dear Bruker users,

We are running some HOESY experiments here using direct detection of the
1H nucleus and indirect detection on the 19F nucleus. We are seeing the
peaks in the aromatic regions quite well but in the aliphatic region we
see streaks down the whole column. We expect to see some peaks in this
region. A paper (JMR Series A 121, p83 1996) reported modifications to
the HOESY sequence to eliminated these and I am wondering if other users
have been ok with the standard library sequences or if they have gone to a
modified version with the extra pulses.

Thanks.

Joe
Joe Dumais, Ph. D.
Associate Research Professor
Director of Research Instrumentation Facility
Department of Chemistry / University of Nebraska Lincoln
834 Hamilton Hall / PO Box 880304
Lincoln, NE 68588-0304
Phone (402) 472 6255 / Fax (402) 472 9402
http://www.chem.unl.edu