Problems with pulse programming in Topspin v1.3 and Paravision v4.0

From: Jing Song (sjsongjing@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2007 - 13:23:25 PST

Hi, all,
We encountered a problem with pulse programming in Topspin v1.3 and
Paravision v4.0.
The pulse programming commands from the manual does not work. It seems like
a software bug.
Problem 1:
We want to put a variable delay in the pulse sequence, but all the commands
listed in the manual do not work.
The commands are as following in the ppg:
vd ; delay according to a list entry depending on
    ; pointer position
define list<delay> dellist = {0.5 1.0 1.5}
p0:sp0 ph0
dellist
10 dellist.inc
vd
10u ivd
vd

We expect to see "dellist" is displayed as "500m", vd is displayed as
"200m", "300m" (the values entered in the ACQP) in GUI. But they are shown
as "1m" and "0", which means the ppg file is not correctly interpreted.

Problem 2:
The delay is defined as:
"d10=d9 - d8 - d7 - d6 + p1- p0/2"
GUI shows d10 as "-499.899m", which is not the correct value.
But when "d10=d9 - d8 - d7 - d6 ", or "p1 - p0/2", it works.
So it means the software cannot calculate correctly, which seems like a
program bug.

These program bugs show in both Topspin v1.3 and Paravision v4.0 (based on
Topspin v1.5).
Such bugs indicate even more functions and commands in the manual may not be
correctly installed, e.g. "define a pulse list", "vary the pulse power by
reading in a list", which will make us worry on future applications.

We will be grateful if anyone can let us know how to delete the bugs and
reinstall the software package correctly.

Thank you and merry Christmas,
Jing

--
Jing Song