13C-T1 value for DMSO-d6 !!

Jane Strouse (strousej@chem.ucla.edu)
Tue, 13 May 1997 14:59:39 -0700

The C13 T1 of DMSO-d6 quoted below sounds entirely reasonable to me. I
haven't measured it but I have measured benzene-d6 to be somewhere around
20 seconds. I have intended to measure the C13 T1 of CDCl3 but haven't
because it is so long. I have measured its H1 T1 and in a sealed degassed
sample I got 105 seconds! Small solvent molecules tend to have long T1's.

Jane

>Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 16:15:47 -0400
>From: Maheswaran Hariharasarma <chem044@uabdpo.dpo.uab.edu>
>To: bruker-users-mail@bloch.cchem.berkeley.edu
>Subject: 13C-T1 value for DMSO-d6 !!
>
>Dear BUMmers
>
>I have recently performed 13C T1 experiment on DMSO-d6 using a standard
>Inversion Recovery Pulse sequence in a Bruker ARX-300 NMR spectrometer.
>
>The values obtained are given below:
>
>Carbon T1 for deuterated Methyl group: 17 intensities fit: 39.50 ppm,
>T1 = 44.903s, Std. Dev. = 4.414e-03s. The fit looked real good, and
>before I performed the experiment, I have performed pulse width (p1)
>calibration at the instrument's power level by following Avance Guide.
>
>I would like to find out whether the T1 value obtained for DMSO-d6 are
>reasonable. Any suggestions or help appreciated.
>
>Sincerely
>
>Maheswaran Hariharasarma

Dr. Jane Strouse
Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry