Re: Information on Bruker Software Solutions for WINDOWS PC

Alan Boyd (a.s.f.boyd@hw.ac.uk)
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 10:12:55 GMT+1

Dear Michaael,

>Hello BUMers,
>lately we are seeing quite a number of "what's out there. . .?" or "Here's
>what I have...!" inquiries/messages related to PC based softwares.

If you watch the BUM and AMMRL mailing lists regularly you'll see that a
significant number of people also use Macs for NMR processing.

We do this here using WINNMR for Macintosh, but it's a dog of a product for
anyone used to a Mac, and you no longer support it. There are also some free
programs available, but they lack the breadth of the WINNMR product line, and
they all have trouble with data from our DPX400.

Any prospect of your reviving a Macintosh program? Considering the enormous
amount of money we paid for it, we feel more than a bit let down by Bruker.

(To answer your next question, no we're not going to change to PCs. We have
some, but they're outnumbered ten to one by Macs. For your next again question,
no we're not going to use UNIX workstations either. We've only got one that's
actually working (on the DPX) and three that are broken - and no system
administrator.)

Alan
Dr A S F Boyd Chemistry Department
NMR Spectroscopist Heriot-Watt University
phone: +44-131-451 3214 Riccarton
fax: +44-131-451 3180 Edinburgh
a.s.f.boyd@hw.ac.uk EH14 4AS
http://dava.che.hw.ac.uk/ Scotland