Re: low temp

Jim Breeyear (jbreeyea@zoo.uvm.edu)
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 12:33:53 -0800

Ana Poveda wrote:

> Dear members
> I have just got a new spectrometer (DRX-500) and I am trying for the
> first time low temp experiments.
> It seems that I have problems of communication between the BVT-3000 and
> my computer, although in fact it could be any other thing. The problem
> is that I cannot get the LN2 heater to start. Maybe I am not using the
> EDTE menu properly.It is an evaporator system
> Could any of you help me with this edte menu?
> Thanks a lot
> ANA
>
> --
> Ana Poveda
> SIdI-RMN, F. Ciencias Fax: +34 1 397 8645
> Universidad Autonoma de Madrid E-mail: ana.poveda@uam.es
> Cantoblanco, 28049-Madrid

It should be under warrenty. Didnt Bruker check it before you signed off
the instrument? I dont have that low temp unit but have the bvt 2000. It
will not intitialize unless the evaporator heater is in the nitrogen
dewar and cooled down. I beleive you must also run a calib routine on
the controller. Good luck.

JIm

--
Jim Breeyear	Manager Inst. Lab.