Re: NMRNET and Win95 on Pentium

Marcelino Bernardo (mbernar@erenj.com)
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:19:14 -0400

At 12:34 PM -0400 9/15/1999, Marcelino Bernardo wrote:
>We've been happily running NMRNET on a '386 under Windows 3.1. Due to hard
>disk problems, we've had to change to a more up to date computer: Pentium
>66MHz running Win 95! Now the test procedure fails to work. It seems that
>the PC is not communicating with the Aspect through the parallel interface.
>We were wondering if NMRNET is compatible with the system or if we damaged
>the hardware when we transplanted to the pentium.
>
>Here's the version that we're running:
>PC: NMRNET 1.1 6/2/93
>Aspect: NMRNET 1.1e 8/27/93
>
>BTW, I don't remember where we downloaded NMRNET from. Can someone provide
>a site address?

Thanks to all replies("Charles E. Cottrell" <cottrell.2@osu.edu>, "Carlos
A. Steren" <steren@mail.famaf.unc.edu.ar>, and Dee-Hua Huang
<dee@scripps.edu>) .

The problem has been found. We found that our Intel Express ethernet card
was also set to 300 in conflict with the parallel card. NMRNET runs find on
the Pentium.

NMRNET is available on ftp://blochead.bpif.ohio-state.edu using anonymous
ftp under the pub directory.

Marcelino Bernardo
Exxon Research & Engineering, Co. mbernar@erenj.com
Route 22 East (908) 730-2324
Annandale, New Jersey 08801 (908) 730-3232 (Fax)