QE Plus

From: Charles L. Anderson (shiulong@bayou.uh.edu)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 08:24:48 PDT

Excuse the cross posting with the Bruker user group.

We will shortly be upgrading one of our QE's to a QE Plus with an
autosampler. I am going to develope a lower division organic experiment to
take advantage of the autosampler on the system. The main problem I see is
moving the data off the system to the undergrad. computer lab.

My question: Does the Plus upgrade come with an ethernet card or
accomadate one? I understand that it has a SCSI port, will the system see
a Zip Drive or any type of removable drive? I am not looking forward to
moving the data through the serial port the normal way with the SE comand.
That could be an experiment killer from my point of view.

Chuck

PS I will post the results of my network question soon.

Charles L. Anderson, Ph.D.
Manager NMR Facilities
Department of Chemistry
University of Houston