Re: Another Opps

From: Dr. Guenter Schmidt (guenter.schmidt@bruker.de)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 00:37:35 PDT

BoB LeSuer wrote:

> I seem to have done something to our SGI that is annoying to all new
> users. Whenever a "new" user (one whom I've added after the mistake)
> uses a XWinNMR command such as rga, zg, etc. they get a perl error
> stating that the language variable is not set properly (it gives the
> language variable as "en_US en_US"). The command (rga, zg) works
> properly, but they always have to acknowledge the above warning. Anyone
> have any ideas?

You may set the environment variable PERL_BADLANG=true. In csh add to
your
.login or .chsrc file a line with
        setenv PERL_BADLANG true
or for bourne shell add to your .profile
        PERL_BADLANG=true
        export PERL_BADLANG

Alternatively you may fix the XWINNMR startup script (/u/xwinnmr).

Here are the diffs between xwinnmr-2.6 pl4 and the upcomming
xwinnmr-3.0 script:

63a64
> PERL_BADLANG=true
94c95
< export XFILESEARCHPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH TK_LIBRARY TCL_LIBRARY
TK40_LIBRARY TCL74_LIBRARY BLT18_LIBRARY LM_LICENSE_FILE PERL5LIB
UIDPATH

---
> export XFILESEARCHPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH TK_LIBRARY TCL_LIBRARY TK40_LIBRARY TCL74_LIBRARY BLT18_LIBRARY LM_LICENSE_FILE PERL5LIB PERL_BADLANG UIDPATH

Günter

-- Dr. Günter Schmidt | Bruker Analytik GmbH | NMR Software Department E-Mail: Guenter.Schmidt@Bruker.DE | Silberstreifen Phone: +49 721 5161-443/Fax:-480 | D-76287 Rheinstetten