BSMS Autolock function on Toluene-d8

From: Duncan M Smith (duncan@amgen.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 14:48:54 PDT

Dear All,

I have run many samples in mixed solvents which is a good model of the same
problem, i.e. more than one lock signal in the sample. I have found that
ensuring that you have the correct field value makes a big difference. If you
lock manually, then set "BSMS field" from within edlock, and then change it by
10 units it should work fine. I can't remember which way you have to change
it, just try both. When the autolock starts searching for a signal it always
starts going in the same direction - just ensure the required signal is on the
correct side of the default value.

Good luck!

Duncan.

--

Duncan M Smith \ "We trained hard, but it seemed that Molecular Structure Department / every time we were beginning to form Mailstop 14-2-B \ into teams, we would be reorganized. Amgen Inc. / I was to learn later in life that we One Amgen Center Drive \ tend to meet any new situation by re- Thousand Oaks / organizing, and a wonderful method it CA 91320-1789 \ can be for creating the illusion of USA / progress, while producing confusion, \ inefficiency and demoralization." Phone (805) 447-3171 / Fax (805) 499-7464 \ Gaius Petronius E-mail duncan@amgen.com / Roman Centurion AD 66