problem and upgrade of a Bruker AC300F

From: Charles Wandler (wandler@atom.chem.wwu.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 16:33:03 PDT

please excuse the cross posting on Labor Day weekend =)

I am have 2 questions for the masses:

1. The physical plant dept has shut down the steam to our
building, which has lowered the temperature in the NMR room
from normal 21 C to a "fridged" 15C. The lock signal had
started to act weird, then today I came in and the keyboard/SCM
was screaming, with the error code 0201, which my book indicates
no reply from the B-SN 18 shim power supply.
I have checked an rechecked the connections to the shim unit.
Is this a problem from being too cold?
Any help/solutions with this would be great; and yes, I
am warming up the room slowly with some portable heaters.

2. We are looking into upgrading our console/Aspect 3000 unit,
and I am wondering what upgrade paths there are. Obviously
Tecmag comes to mind, but what about full console upgrades;
or is it even worth the money?

Thanks for any responses

Charles F. Wandler office phone: (360) 650-2831
Department of Chemistry, MS9150 office fax: (360) 650-2826
Western Washington University pager: (360) 758-6157
Bellingham, WA 98225-9150 email: wandler@chem.wwu.edu