Postdoctoral Position

From: Charles S. Johnson, Jr. (charles_johnson@unc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 11:16:15 PDT

ANNOUNCEMENT OF A POSTDOCTORAL POSITION

    A postdoctoral position will become available in April 2001. This is a
joint position in the Laboratory for PFG-NMR (Department of Chemistry) and
the NSF Science and Technology Center for Environmentally Responsible
Solvents and Processes. Projects will involve high pressure NMR in liquid
and supercritical CO2. We are using PFG-NMR to characterize microemulsions
containing water. We are also interested in the behavior of monolayer
protected gold and silver nanoparticles in CO2. Current microemulsion
projects are being done in collaboration with Prof. J.M. DeSimone (UNC) and
Prof. K.P. Johnston (UT-Austin). The nanoparticle work is possible through
a collaboration with the group of Prof. R.W. Murray (UNC).

     Expertise in 2D NMR and PFG-NMR methods is required. Candidates for
this position should email their resumes and have three letters of
recommendation sent to the address below.

Charles S. Johnson, Jr. Voice: 919-966-5229
M. A. Smith Professor of Chemistry FAX: 919-962-2388
CB#3290, Dept. of Chemistry, UNC EMAIL:
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3290, USA charles_johnson@unc.edu