Another security question

From: Charles Cottrell (cottrell.2@osu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 06:02:23 PST

To avoid using anonymous ftp to allow users to transfer their data, I
have been thinking about running a web server to give users anonymous ftp
access to their data. The web server would most likely be an SGI O2
running IRIX 6.5.9 or greater.
If anyone has set this up or has experience with any additional security
issues that might be involved, I would appreciate hearing from you. As you
might guess, this question arises because many of our users are behind
firewalls in their own departments or at other univeristies, and they
cannot transfer the data directly from our place to theirs.

--
Charles E. Cottrell, Ph.D.
Associate Director