Help - bsmstool files

From: Xiaolian Gao (XGao@UH.EDU)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 23:12:50 PST

Hi to all,

I am sending this message to see if any one can help. We have an AMX II 600
system (with a digital lock unit, otherwise it is an AMX). Occasionally,
our LCB board would not come back after shutdown and we need to use the
bsms program to reinitialize the interface. However, this time as we need
to bring the system back after checking the UPS unit, we found that some of
the bsms files (should be under /u/conf/instr/bsmstools/) are missing (and
thus the bsms program quit running). Although we need to find out why the
files are missing, what we most need at this point is to find copies of
these files so that the spectrometer can be back to operation. Our backup
tapes contained some of these missing files but not all of them (it
appeared that they disappeared over the time since 1998). I also check the
boot tape, it does not contain all necessary files.

Therefore, if you have an AMX II 600 MHz system, I would appreciate if you
can tar the directory of /u/conf/instr/bsmstools/ and mail the file to me
(using attachment or let me know where to pickup this file).

Thanks in advance for your help.

XG