Serial-Parallel converter thanks...

From: Neil Wells (N.J.Wells@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 01:56:58 PST

Hi all,

Firstly, I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for the overwhelming
response from fellow Bruker users to the serial-parallel converter problem that
I posed last week. We were sent the required part and are very grateful for the
generosity of Duncan Howe in Cambridge and the fact that the Avance systems make
these converters redundant!

Secondly, I have taken the liberty of summarising some of the answers in the
event that somebody else finds themselves in the same position.

Regards,

Neil Wells

The summary of answers:

Try Global at 1-800-227-1246 or Dalco at 1-800-445-5342.
Lawrence Byrnes

***

please check at: www.wiesemann.de/24000.html.
You will find a RS232>Centronics Interface
Dr. Volker Sinnwell

***

In Germany you could check at "http://www.wut.de/82008.html",
the interface "Drucker Interface RS232 > Centronics, #82008"
works very well.
description at "http://www.wut.de/download/anleitg/82008.pdf" in
german/english.
Switch-settings for Aspect3000-connection at 9600 baud :
switch 1, 2, 6 = OFF
switch 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 = ON
Claus Schmidt

***

Try Black Box at www.blackbox.com. They have a UK office. I bought a
serial to parallel converter from them about a year ago for an old FTIR.
The converter worked fine, but I have no experience with it on an Aspect.
Dave Wilbur

***

I added these to a couple of spectrometers whilst I was at the
University of Strathclyde. I'm pretty sure I bought them from
Farnell...
Dr Phil Dennison

***

you should check at "www.misco.co.uk", so far, the spanish branch
(www.misco.es) has such a converter, made by Belkin (www.belkin.com).
Miquel E Cabanas

***

Bruker supports the A3000 connection with a W&T Interface (Bruker
part number O00739), that is a Wiesemann&Theis RS232>Interface 4+4K Typ
82008.
If you search another one it must support 7 Databits, mark parity
Günter Schmidt

***

We ran into the same problem here @ Bruker. Inmac got bought
out. We get our s/p converters thru Market Central Inc. The p/n for
the correct s/p converter III to work on the aspect 3000 computers
to laserjet 3p or 4l's is 51-00170(115vac) or 52-00170(230vac).
Market Central, Inc. ph# is: 412-494-2800 They are located in
Pittsburgh PA.
Tom Kelly

   * Neil Wells *
   * Department of Chemistry *