curdat for new user

From: Phil Dennison (dennison@uci.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 17:30:00 PDT

Hi,

Does anyone know of a way of editing the default curdat settings
which are used for a new user account? As standard it seems that a
new curdat file is created in /u/prog/curdir/username when xwinnmr is
started, and the default settings are: NAME 'dEfAuLt', EXPNO '1',
PROCNO '1', DU '/u', USER 'guest' and TYPE 'nmr'.

I'd like to be able to change this so that DU was '/v' by default and
ideally that USER was set to the current username.

In my lab there are 6 SGIs with xwinnmr on /u but with all data on a
server mounted as /v. At the moment I advise new users to use the
'browse' command as the easiest way to find data on another drive,
but they forget and this command doesn't appear in the 'File' menu
any more.

I could create a dummy curdat file for each new user, but I'd have to
do this on all 6 machines. At present all user homedirs and data are
on the server, using NIS, so all new account creation takes place on
the one machine.

Regards,

Phil.

--
Dr Phil Dennison
NMR Facility Manager 			(949)824-6010 (office)