Xwinplot calibration problem

From: D. Chuck Dunbar (ddunbar@olemiss.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 09:38:35 PST

Thanks to all who responded to my question about hanging processes
causing licensing problems in nmrsuite 3.1 (Linux). Since I received so
much useful feedback I have another problem I want to send to the group.

Before switching to Linux we continued to print directly from Xwinnmr
and never really used Xwinplot. After passing the initial learning
curve, we like Xwinplot fine except I am having a problem with the
alignment of external spectra on 2D heteronuclear experiments.

My usual way of calibrating the 2D spectra is to view the external
spectra in Xwinnmr, read the chemical shifts from the cursor position
and calibrate a correlation in the 2D. After doing this I can view the
external spectrum and see that I have perfect alignment. When I start
Xwinplot and bring in the current data set there is a non-linear
calibration problem in the F1 dimension. I am sure everyone could not
be having this problem, so I would like to know if anyone knows what I
am doing that is causing this.

Thanks, Chuck

D. Chuck Dunbar, Ph.D.
Associate Research Scientist