Linux and DVDs for data archiving!

From: Chatson, Brock (Brock.Chatson@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 11:18:08 PST

I am just installing a PC-Linux system with Red Hat 7.3 and Xwinnmr 3.5 on a
Bruker Avance system . I have also installed a Sony DRU 510 DVD burner for
data archiving. But I have been going every which way trying to get the
burner set-up, not like using a Windows DVD program. I have installed
XCDRoast but find out I need DVDPro and a key to run the program for DVDs. I
have also read about DVD+RW-Tools program. I want to be able to put
different folders on the DVD and then put the users data in the folder with
their name.
Has anyone already done this type of set-up, which program is best, what is
the best way to do this?? Advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Brock Chatson
NMR Facility Manager
Telephone: (306) 975-5238 | Fax: (306) 975-4839
Brock.Chatson@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca | www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council Canada | Plant Biotechnology Institute
110 Gymnasium Place,
Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W9
Government of Canada

 <<...OLE_Obj...>>