Re: CASE autosampler eject problems

From: Norwood, Brad (bnorwood@richmond.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 13 2003 - 09:22:26 PST

Mike,

We have the NMR Case autosampler, and also experienced this problem. Upon
liaison with Bruker, I was directed to check out the "Max air flow" value
(from the spin lift control board in BSMS) and ensure that this value was
changed from the default value (750) to 1000. In addition, the "Air Flow"
value should be 850 (I forget what the default was).

In case you need it, the keystrokes (in a unix shell box) were: bsms <ret>
y (to confirm you're getting into a debug tool) <ret> a (Board Function

This value should be set to 850 if it isn't there already. Do so by typing
"w" instead of "r"

 6 (Max air flow) <ret>
 r (read the value) <ret>

This value should be set to 1000 if it isn't there already. Do so by typing
"w" instead of "r"

Then you can quit the bsms.

All of this came about (we think) because of a power failure. The equipment
had been set up by the installation engineer, but evidently the default
values had not been changed, only temporary values. If I'm not mistaken,
this procedure is redefining the default values. In any case (pun not
intended!), we have not had any further problems with the autosampler,
though we have had numerous power outages since.

I hope that this helps!!

Brad Norwood
Director of Instrument Facilities
University of Richmond