Re: seteuid error in IconNMR

From: Marianne Baumann (bau@bruker.de)
Date: Wed Nov 19 2003 - 08:53:10 PST

Dear Mr. Burton,

To solve the error message:
         "seteuid 1 failed"

You have to set the 's' -bit for the xwish3 -modul:

Please get 'super user' with the 'su' -command.
Then change to diretory '$XwinNmrHome/prog/mod'
with the command:
        'cd /Bruker/xw2.6/prog/mod'
(for example XwinNmrHome = /Bruker/xw2.6:) .

'xwish3' has to own the user 'root'
command:
        chown root xwish3

and execute the command:
         chmod +s xwish3.

the permission of xwish3 should look like:
-rwsr-sr-x 1 root sys 3229728 Aug 15 06:24 xwish3
or
-rwsr-xr-x 1 root sys 3229728 Aug 15 06:24 xwish3

Best wishes
M.Baumann