performance of z-gradient TBI probe

From: Phil Dennison (dennison@uci.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 12:43:47 PDT

Dear all,

We are finalising specs for buying a new three channel Avance 600
instrument. I am interested in experiences of the z-gradient TBI
probe. This has an inner coil tuned to 1H and 13C (and presumably 2H
for the lock), and a BB tunable outer coil. This looks on paper like
a very good general use probe as it should combine inverse probe
sensitivity with good performance for recording 13C spectra.

I am most interested in learning how good this probe actually is for
recording 13C spectra. One of the advantages of this type of probe is
the possibility of observing 13C with 31P decoupling, for which we do
have an application.

If the 13C performance is poor, then a standard TXI (1H/13C/15N)
probe might be a better bet for general use.

Thanks for your help,

Phil.

--
Dr Phil Dennison
NMR Facility Director			(949)824-6010 (office)