RE: Error message "f3: Amplifier SWR Mismatch. f3:SWR"

From: chung (chung@scripps.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 01 2005 - 15:07:24 PST

this is a common error from TOO MUCH POWER during acquisition decoupling.

what is your pl16? you should know w/o even looking.
and pcpd3 also (90 degree pulse width for garp or whatever you're using.)

what is your acquistion time? AQ? (that's dw * td). you should know this
too whenever you're doing heteronuclear decoupling, and whereas i generally
use 16K or more points for a 16ppm sw for normal homonuclear 1H expt (such
as watergate), you probably should cut the TD down to 2k-4k range to get
it to an acceptable acquisition time range.

bruker amps have safety protection built into them so as to not fry the
amplifier, and typically there's a duty cycle protection and rf power fault
warning also, but the mismatch condition you're getting happens if your
probe is detuned significantly or if your AQ is too long. i never go over
200ms for 15N decoupling on proteins.

hope this helps,

john chung
the scripps research institute