Re: XwinNMR and new HP network printers - follow up

From: Phil Dennison (dennison@uci.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 14:41:32 PDT

Dear all,

I received a lot of useful information, and as the printer is so
cheap I thought I'd pass some on. The price I paid is probably less
than the cost of replacing all the consumables, so I will rethink the
situation when these run out.

There is a Linux driver for the HP LJ2660n available from
http://foo2hp.rkkda.com/ so the printer should be usable with
TopSpin/Linux. It also should be possible to recompile driver for
CUPS under Irix, but I don't currently use this method for printing
on my SGIs.

My XwinNMR solution will be to create postscript or PDF files and
print these via a Mac. The requirements for color printing are fairly
infrequent here.

Thanks again,

Phil.

--
Dr Phil Dennison
NMR Facility Director			(949)824-6010 (office)