BUM: BMPC Output button

From: Dan Bearden (Dan.Bearden@noaa.gov)
Date: Wed Sep 24 2008 - 07:38:16 PDT

Colleagues,
   For the BMPC unit we have for our 800 (I believe the unit is a 'second
generation unit'), there is a key on the keypad labeled 'Output'. Apparently
this button serves some purpose during installation, but for normal operations
it apparently serves no specific function.
   However, if the 'Output' button is inadvertently pushed (it is not protected
by the 'password' feature on the keyboard), the settings of pumps and valves are
instantly changed to an undesirable state. I think the magnet would start
warming up without intervention. The remedy I found that works is to 'reset' the
BMPC.
   Has anyone out there got any experience with this keypad function? Have you
been through any inadvertent 'pushes' of this button?
   The recommended solution is "NOT to push this button". I have placed a "Do
not push" label near the button, but I am wondering whether anyone has found a
better solution?

Best regards,
Dan

--