Organic Chemistry Teaching Assistant Job Posting
Wage Rate: $25.81 (Class B)
Date of Posting: April 2022
|Course #*||Course Title||# of TAs required||Term**||# of Hours||
Projected Enrolment (if available)
Anticipated Duties (see below)
|Chem 2OA3||Organic Chemistry I||2||2225||65+3||350||K. Luska||L, S, G, P, O|
* Not all courses will be assigned teaching assistants as such decisions are subject to budgetary and enrolment considerations. Required courses with tutorial sections receive priority consideration.
** As defined by the applicable Undergraduate or Graduate calendar found at https://academiccalendars.romcmaster.ca/index.php?catoid=32 and https://registrar.mcmaster.ca/dates-and-deadlines/
|L||Leading Tutorials/Overseeing Laboratories/Field Trip Supervision||P||Preparation (Reading, Attending Lectures, Meeting with Instructor)|
|S||Student Consultation (Emails, Office Hours)||I||Invigilation|
|G||Grading (Marking, Entering Marks)||O||Other duties as assigned:|
Lecture/Laboratory/Tutorial Locations, Times and Days (if available):
– Spring (2225) Term – supervision of in-person laboratories, grading of lab reports, consultation on grade inquires of lab reports, grading of examinations
Skills, Qualifications, Abilities and Experience – Required & Preferred:
– Only students not having completed an undergraduate degree will be considered.
– Students must have at minimum completed 5 chemistry or chemical biology courses (15 units), with 4 courses (12 units) having a laboratory component.
– Preference will be given to students currently enrolled in a Chemistry or Chemical Biology program, as well as upper-year students.
– Applicants are asked to submit resume and the application here found on the departmental website before the deadline listed below.
For additional postings as per 13.03(b):
Applications submitted to: Dr. Kylie Luska, email@example.com
Application deadline: Friday, April 22nd, 2021 by 4:30 PM
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. However, those legally able to work in Canada and at McMaster University will be given priority. McMaster is strongly committed to employment equity within its community, and to recruiting a diverse faculty and staff. Accordingly, the University especially encourages applications from women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, members of sexual minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Please note: those who have not, at the time of application, been assigned 260 hours of Teaching Assistantship(s) will be given priority consideration. Those who have already been assigned 260 hours of Teaching Assistantship(s) at the time of application may nevertheless apply. Once the preference note above has been taken into account, applicants who have already been assigned 260 hours of Teaching Assistantship(s) may be offered the position, but in order to accept such offer they must obtain and submit written approval to work such additional hours pursuant to section 2.4.3 of the SGS calendar in the case of graduate student applicants, and from the appropriate Department Chair in the case of undergraduate applicants.
If you require this information in an alternate/accessible format, please contact Nina Bovair, Employee/Labour Relations Administrator at extension 23850.