HP Plotters

Ross Mair (rmair@stan.xx.swin.OZ.AU)
Sat, 6 Nov 1993 15:28:38 +1100 (EDT)

Dave Vander Velde wrote:

> However, you can catch the HPGL code by
> eavesdropping on the connection to a plotter

That's what we have done, in order to import plots into reports.

We have taken the cable that comes from our Varian Gemini, and instead of
plugging it into the HP Plotter, plugged it into a serial port of a PC,
captured the code as a file, which can then be imported into WordforWin,
WordPerfectforWin, CorelDraw, and probably some Mac software as well.

I haven't tried this with a Bruker, simply becasue I transfer most Bruker
data to Felix, process and produce HPGL files there. But I see no reason why
it shouldn't work.

I realise I've now also strayed well from the original question! :-)

Ross Mair Email: rmair@stan.xx.swin.oz.au
NMR Lab Snail: Mail 41, Swinburne University,
Applied Chemistry Dept PO Box 218, Hawthorn, 3122.
Swinburne University of Technology Fax: +61-3-8190834
Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia Voice: +61-3-8198843