NMRNET &Pentium/Win95

Tom Glass (tglass@mail.vt.edu)
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 09:23:03 -0400

>Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 14:38:32 -0400
>From: "Gilbert, James" <jgilbert.pharm@mhs.unc.edu>

>I am trying to use NMRNET with an Aspect 3000 on a AC300. I have been
>able to transfer files to a 386 PC but have had no luck transferring
>files to a Pentium. Does anyone have any ideas how I can correct this
>problem or what I should be looking for?

>>I've been using NMRNET with a 386/387_ASPECT 3000/AC-300 for some time, but
>>I'm about to move to a Pentium/Win95 system. Chuck Cottrel thinks it ought
>>to work alright, but I'd be very interested to hear from anyone else with
>>hands-on experience.

Regards Jim Bloxsidge

James and Jim,

I've been using the windows version of NMRNET on a Pentium with Win95 for a few
months without any problems. I've got two 24-to-16 bit converter cards in the
Pentium. One is hooked to an MSL-300 and the other to an AM-360. Chuck
Cottrell has a second version of NMRNET, available at his ftp site, programmed
with a different address for the second converter card.

Ideally, our users could pick NMRNET from the taskbar and transfer their data to
the Pentium. Since both versions of NMRNET have the same name, this is quite
confusing. Current solution is to fire up the MSL version as needed. I plan to
give Norton Navigator a try, creating an "MSL desktop" and an "AM desktop".

Regards,

Tom Glass

Tom Glass
Virginia Tech