Bypassing preamp housing on AC-200 system during decoupling.

From: Lawrence Byrnes (numare@eclipse.net)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 10:57:54 PST

Hello Spinlanders,

I have been running proton decoupled 19F experiments on our AC-200 using the
proton channel with no modification. Up until this week, the experiments
were successful. This week, the decoupler did not seem to be functioning.
It turned out that a problem that we have had since Bruker installed our
system was the culprit. The relays in the preamp housing were not allowing
the decoupler signal to reach the probe.

When running proton decoupled 13C, I simply bypass the preamp housing and
run the high power decoupler directly to the proton coil. I would like to
be able to the same thing when running proton decoupled 19F. I have two
directional couplers that have never been used. If some kind soul knows how
to set up the hardware, please let me know.

Thank you and kind regards,

Lawrence
Lawrence Byrnes,
NMR Laboratory Manager,
Numare Spectralab Incorporated
10 Summit Avenue, # 6
Berkeley Heights, NJ, 07922
Research Director,
The Schoenenberg Instutute of Molecular Spectroscopy
75 Snyder Avenue, Berkeley Heights, NJ, 07922
Telephone 908-665-0066
Facsimile 908-464-4192
E-mail numare@eclipse.net
WWW http://www.eclipse.net/~numare/