help with kermit in an ESR spectrometer (Bruker ESP300E)

From: Agustín Martín Domingo (agmartin@aq.upm.es)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2001 - 10:23:08 PST

Hi,

We are trying to establish a kermit connection between an OS9 host (A
Bruker ESR spectrometer running OS9/68000 v2.3) and a PC running both
DOS and Linux.
However, we had no sucess at all. The kermit in the PC and the serial
port of the PC has been tested against other PC with positive result,
and
the serial port /rs of the spectrometer has also been used to emulate
via the serial line a plotter with a PC, so the serial port of the
spectrometer seems to work properly.

However, when connected to use the kermit protocol, we get no result at
all. Trying to establish a connection from the PC to the os9 host gives
no result at all. The same happens with os9 ckermit versions 4E and 5A,
and with dos and linux versions of kermit in the PC side.

Do we need to allow such connections somewhere in the os9 host, or are
we missing something important?

Needs the serial cable for kermit to os9 to have any special feature?

Regards,

--
Agustín Martín Domingo, Dpto. de Física, ETS Arquitectura Madrid,
(U. Politécnica de Madrid)  tel: +34 91-336-6536, Fax: +34 91-336-6554,