Job Opportunity with UCB Pharma

From: Dieden Reiner (Reiner.Dieden@UCB-Group.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 02:38:26 PST

Dear colleagues,

We're looking for somebody to strengthen our NMR team.
Applications should be send to colette.thiry@ucb-group.com or to myself.

Best regards,

Reiner Dieden
_____________________________
Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Research
UCB Pharma
Chemin du Foriest
B-1420 Braine-l'Alleud (Belgium)
tel :+32-2-386.27.12
fax:+32-2-386.27.04
reiner.dieden@ucb-group.com

The Pharma Sector of UCB is deploying worldwide activities in research,
development, manufacturing and marketing of ethical drugs in the fields of
allergy, the central nervous system (CNS), and internal medicine. With a
strong track record of sales growth at twice the industry speed and a 22 %
growth in earnings, the company is developing new therapies for the
treatment of epilepsy, Alzheimer's, allergy and respiratory diseases.

For our Analytical Chemistry unit in the Preclinical Research Department
based at Braine-l'Alleud, 15 kms South of Brussels, we are looking for a

NMR SPECTROSCOPIST (m/f)
ref. 000313

The function :

* You will perform structure elucidation of pharmaceutical test
compounds and metabolites using Bruker AC 250 and DRX 400 spectrometers and
participate in medicinal chemistry research activities in a challenging
environment aimed at the design and optimization of new drugs candidates.
* You will work closely with colleagues in Medicinal Chemistry,
Combinatorial Chemistry, Molecular Modeling, Drug Metabolism and Chemical
Process Research and Development.

The profile : .

The successful candidate will have a strong organic, physical organic,
medicinal chemistry or analytic background at the Bachelor's or PhD level.
The desired areas of expertise are hands-on experience with high field NMR
spectrometers, expertise in multidimensional homo-and heteronuclear
techniques and familiarity with the UNIX operating system. Experience with
LC and/or LC-MS would constitute an advantage.

If you are interested in this position, please send your application with
complete c.v., to UCB Pharma, att. Mrs. C. Thiry, Responsible Recruitment
and Selection, Chemin du Foriest, B-1420 Braine-l'Alleud, Belgium. It will
be treated in total confidentiality. Please mention ref. 000313
More information about UCB : www.ucb-group.com or www.ucb.be