HMBC of peptides

From: Keith Brown (brownk@chem4823.usask.ca)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 13:45:13 PDT

   Hi folks. Many thanks again to those who replied to my message about
shaped pulses a few weeks ago. I've had to put that project on the back
burner while I teach a course but I'll soon be back at it.

   On another subject, I'm trying to do some HMBC of a peptide and am
specifically looking to see some NH/carbon correlations. The pulse
sequence is inv4gplplrnd and I have used delay times corresponding to long
range coupling of 15, 10 and 5 Hz but have seen no correlations. My
questions, then, are: is this experiment extremely sensitive to delay
times and should I perhaps try running for a longer time to see what I'm
looking for? The sample is quite dilute and I've run for about 8 hours but
not seen any NH/carbon correlations (yet!).

Keith Brown
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

100 buckets of bits on the bus