BLAX/H Power Supply Cooling Fan - Source for replacements

From: John Harwood (jharwood@uic.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 11:13:05 PDT

Dear Listmembers,

After my previous posting on the BLAX/BLAXH power supply issue, I got an
email asking if I knew of a source for replacement fans for the power
supplies. This prompted me to pull the fan off my dead Elba power supply.
The fan is a Papst TYP614G, 12-30 VDC, 2.5W, ca. 2.5" square by 1" deep,
with a ca. 20AWG pigtail connection. The date on the dead fan is 4-98.

I checked with Newark Electronics (1-800-4NEWARK or www.newark.com) and
they have listed a Papst TYP614 fan (NOTE: I don't know if the "G" in the
original's part number is significant) with the same specs and size as my
dead fan. It is:

Newark part #44F4034, $29.28 each (for 1 - 9 units).

Hope this is of some use.

Also, thanks to those of you who responded to me on this issue.

Best regards to all,

        John

        John S. Harwood, D.Sc.
        Research Associate Professor