(no subject)

From: Alan Tracey (tracey@sfu.ca)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 13:15:47 PDT

We have recently had cause to have Bruker replace the gradient coil on our
AMX600 proton probe. The gradient pulse now breaks into numerous, rapidly
damped bursts of 2.4 MHz oscillation. A replacement gradient amplifier
unit had no substantial effect on the oscillations. The source of the
problem seems to be a mismatch between the inductance of the replacement
gradient coil and the output of the gradient amplifier.

Has anyone encountered this problem previously? If so, I would very much
like to obtain information on how the problem was solved.

Thanks very much

Alan

A. S. Tracey
Department of Chemistry