Re: My continuing debate with organic chemists about 13C NMR

From: David G. Naugler, Ph.D. (dnaugler@sfu.ca)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 14:19:45 PST

I think that your presumption that "1D 13C is simply a very expensive
formality", may be weak. 1D DEPT45 is as efficient as any 2D inverse
detection method, in my experience, except possibly for the detection of
quaternary carbon. There may be problems in 2D that can be resolved in 1D.
See for example "100 and More Basic NMR Experiments" by Stefan Berger.