Sixpack problems

From: Frode Rise (frode.rise@kjemi.uio.no)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 02:39:57 PST

Dear all

On our good old and reliable DRX500 we have encountered a problem with
our sixpack sample changer. The sample changer stops after running 2 or
3 samples. It does not move on to the next sample but starts acquiring
the next dataset on a sample which is already "finished". We suspected
valve problems in the flat pneumatic control box - but that was not the
case.

The sample changer has changed appearance over the years and the color
has gradually changed during the years and I suspect that the sun light
is the reason for that.

Can the sun itself change the composition of the material the sixpack is
made of - so the thickness of the parts moving against each other is
gradually changing? Can something be done to this - if this is indeed
the problem?

Is anyone having a working sixpack that is not in use? And are you
willing to sell it (not too expensive)?

Cheers
Frode Rise

http://www.kjemi.uio.no/nmr