more up-date/feedback on automation questions

From: mhoffman@brockport.edu
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 14:30:27 PDT

Thanks for the many responses about how to turn off rotation in automation. I am providing here the most thorough response I received from Sven Cunskis at the bottom of the e-mail. As another hopefully useful comment, temperature control for individual experiments on the same sample in automation can be handled as well via an AU program for AUMN for the acquisition parameter set, using the commands TESET and TEREADY, as is done for the au program au_zgvt for example. If temperature control is allowed in automation it will only change the temperature once when a new sample is loaded into the magnet. If you desire different temperatures for experiments on the same sample then I found the AU program control to be a working solution for that problem.

Markus

You can control the rotation over the rotation frequency (parameter RO). With RO=0 rotation is off.

In case you want to define some experiments without rotation in general you can define modify RO in the respective parametersets, in an AU program (under topspin) you can use:

STOREPAR("RO", 0);
CPR_exec("sendgui ro acqu",WAIT_TERM);

At last you can define RO as user specific parameter and change its value during setup of an experiment.

 Hope this helps

Markus Hoffmann
Department of Chemistry
SUNY Brockport