up-date on DOSY in automation and follow-up question of how to turn off spinner

From: mhoffman@brockport.edu
Date: Tue May 15 2007 - 13:53:14 PDT

Thanks to Kurt Wollenberg and Mike Lumsden who both gave me independently the same good advise to try writing an own au program that will call up the au program dosy and then to choose this new au program in the AUNM parameter under the acquisition tab.
This indeed works. The new au program sequence is shown at end of the e-mail.
A follow-up question I have is if anyone knows how I can turn off spinning in automation for individual runs. I am aware that there is a universal setting in ICON NMR, but I'd like to provide the flexibility to turn off spinning for only particular samples or experiments in the queue. Inspired by the au_program idea, I tried adding the line
RO off wait
after GETCURDATA, but the compiler did not seem to recognize the RO command to turn on or off the spinner. Any suggestions?
Markus

GETCURDATA
XAU("dosy 2 95 16, l, y");
QUIT

The parameters in parenthesis correspond to the input of 2% minimum gradient strength, 95% maximum gradient strength, 16 experiments, linear increments, yes to start the experiment.

Markus Hoffmann
Department of Chemistry
SUNY Brockport
Phone: (585) 395-5587