dosy question

From: Leek, Don (Donald.Leek@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 04:39:49 PST

Recently, I have been doing the DOSY experiment using XWINNMR 3.5. I
was having trouble with the data processing until I discovered that the
numbers in the difflist file gave incorrect values for the gradient
strength. I found that if I edited difflist and shifted the decimal
point 2 positions (multiplied by 100) I was able to reprocess the data
and obtain results that made sense. I checked the
/u/conf/instr/gradient_calib file and it contained the correct value for
maximum gradient strength, assuming that the units are G/mm.

Is it possible that there is something else that I have overlooked in
configuring the software for this experiment, or is it possible that
this is an idiosyncrasy with this version of the software?

Thanks.

Don

Donald M. Leek

High Resolution NMR Lab

Materials Structure and Function

Steacie Institute for Molecular Sciences

National Research Council Canada

Ottawa, Canada