Re: dosy question

From: Rainer Kerssebaum (rainer.kerssebaum@bruker-biospin.de)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2007 - 02:02:59 PST

Dear Don,

> Recently, I have been doing the DOSY experiment using XWINNMR 3.5. I
> was having trouble with the data processing until I discovered that the
> numbers in the difflist file gave incorrect values for the gradient
> strength. I found that if I edited difflist and shifted the decimal
> point 2 positions (multiplied by 100) I was able to reprocess the data
> and obtain results that made sense. I checked the
> /u/conf/instr/gradient_calib file and it contained the correct value for
> maximum gradient strength, assuming that the units are G/mm.
>
> Is it possible that there is something else that I have overlooked in
> configuring the software for this experiment, or is it possible that
> this is an idiosyncrasy with this version of the software?

There was a XWinNMR version where the shape "SINE.100" (and probably
others as well) contained a wrong integral value (what surprise, it
was wrong by a factor of 100). The right entry in a sine shape file
should be:
##$SHAPE_INTEGFAC= 6.302007e-01

The easiest is to use a text editor and just correct it. This was
actually a bug in shapetool, so using shapetool to recalculate the
shape might lead again to the wrong value.

After that you can recalculate the 'difflist' by calling:
"dosy restore".

Best Regards

Rainer

--
 Dr. Rainer Kerssebaum               Dr. Rainer Kerssebaum
 NMR Applikation                          NMR Applications

Bruker BioSpin GmbH Silberstreifen 76287 Rheinstetten Germany ===========================================================

Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office: Rheinstetten HRB Mannheim 102368 Geschaeftsfuehrer / Managing Directors: Dr. Tony Werner Keller, Albrecht Kehr, Dr. Dieter Schmalbein, Dr. Gerhard Roth