Re: aspect3000 via nmrnet to uxnmr

John Ralph (jralph@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Mon, 28 Nov 1994 09:33:04 -0500

Bob Brownlee wrote:

>We have just installed an SGI Indy workstation running UXNMR. From our AM400
>apsect 3000 we transfer our files via the NMRNET software to a 486 pc
>clone. From the 486 we transfer via ethernet the files to our Indy.
>
>However, UXNMR cannot recognise Aspect 3000 data files.
>What we need is a program that will convert these files to a format that UXNMR
>can read. Could anyone please help us?

This was something that always used to work (using conv) but we have been
having similar trouble.

Everything seems to be fine but when I put data in /u/bruknet/am400/jr,
e.g. Junk.001, the conv program tells me there is nothing to convert. I can
see it there!!! On the sgi datastation it tells me I have a file missing
and can't even start to run conv.

I do remember that the file names must be with the right extensions, eg.
GUYA1.001 for example and not some alphabetic extension. It will then
convert this to GUYA1/1 etc.

Can someone from Bruker help us here. I am runing 940501.3 UXNMR on an indy
R4400 in the nmr console.

And Bob, if you have any useful replies that went directly to you, could
you share those with this group.

Cheers and Fosters, Mate.

John Ralph
U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center, USDA-ARS
1925 Linden Drive West, Madison WI 53706
and Dept. of Forestry, U. Wisconsin, Madison WI 53706
FAX 608-264-5275, Phone 608-264-5407
PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS (old will still work for a year but . . . )
E-Mail: jralph@facstaff.wisc.edu