Re: 2nd drive on INDY

John Ralph (jralph@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 12:20:59 -0500

Curtis Pulliam wrote:

>We would like to add a second drive to our INDY (which has a 1GB drive now).
>Has anyone done this? Did you get it from SGI or a 3rd party? Internal or
>external? Is internal possible or is the mount special to SGI? We are
>thinking
>of a 4GB Seagate SCSI-2 drive. Thanks all for your help.

I've put half a dozen drives on Indy's. Get them form anywhere. The Mac
ones from APS work very nicely and are cheap, and CompUSA has a really nice
unit that will hold two drives, a dat and a CD that can go under the unit.
There are some tricks to formatting but it is pretty straight-forward --
will send you details if you wish.

Cheers

John Ralph
US Dairy Forage Research Center, USDA-ARS and Dept. of Forestry
1925 Linden Drive West Univ. of
Wisconsin, Madison
Madison, WI 53706
(608) 264-5407 FAX (608) 264-5275