Re: Xwinnmr for Aspect

D. Chuck Dunbar (ddunbar@cotton.vislab.olemiss.edu)
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 18:53:37 -0500

Dear Bob,
I believe the Xwinnmr software license will allow you to run two
sessions on your Indy.
You could use the Aspect station as a terminal so that you are using the
exact software for processing on both machines. This should save
confusion and other headaches. You just need to telnet to the Indy and
type:

setenv DISPLAY <replace this with the ip address of the Aspect>:0

You can then run Xwinnmr, but the person using the aspect station must
be logged in as
a different user than some one trying to use the NMR. You could also
run the NMR from the Aspect workstation. Hope this helps,

D. Chuck Dunbar
Graduate student
Dept. of Pharmacognosy
University of Mississippi