Re: Xwinnmr for Aspect

brownk@skyway.usask.ca
Tue, 19 Aug 1997 13:25:54 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, D. Chuck Dunbar wrote:

> Dear Bob,
> I believe the Xwinnmr software license will allow you to run two
> sessions on your Indy.

I have been told that only one session will run per license. I've tried
it and found it to be so.

> You could use the Aspect station as a terminal so that you are using the
> exact software for processing on both machines. This should save
> confusion and other headaches. You just need to telnet to the Indy and
> type:
>
> setenv DISPLAY <replace this with the ip address of the Aspect>:0

Would this not require some version of X11 to be running on the Aspect?
Is there an X11 for the Aspect? If there is, let me know please.

Keith Brown
University of Saskatchewan
Saskatoon, Sask.
brownk@chem4823.usask.ca